First-Person horror japanise tale
At Endflame, the aim is to immerse players into a remarkable experience by bringing stories to life. A small indie studio of three classmates that have got back together after some years in the industry to combine their skills to develop video games they themselves would love to play.
Endflame emerged from the young age and willingness for adventure of the three members; they were in the ideal situation to jump into the indie dev scene with nothing to lose. Thus, they reached out to each other and formed an interdisciplinary team to cover as many aspects of the game development as they could in the light of the small size of the studio. The brainstorming for a game that would match all of their competences took place in August 2019. At that moment, Ikai, their first game, was born.
- FEAR: Experience the horror in first-person by the hand of Japanese folklore’s spirits, monsters and yokais.
- EXPLORATION: Wander around a feudal shinto shrine and explore to unveil the story behind Naoko.
- DRAWING: Stay calm under pressure and concentrate on drawing protective seals.
- PUZZLES: Pit your wits against the several puzzles that will challenge your survival.
- STEALTH and RUN: Be silent, do not disturb the evil… Or just run, run away from it all, if you can…
Platforms: PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S
Release: March 29, 2022
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle, Action
Subtitles: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese
Price: US$ 12.99 / 12.99 €